- New Rob interview in The Sunday Times (about Bel Ami)
- New clip:
*Stills here (LINK)
- New UK poster (slightly different from one that's circulated before)
- New stills:
- Bel Ami Book Tie in: release in the UK on Februari 29.
Order here (LINK)
- Bel Ami World Premiere updated with red carpet interviews (LINK)
*BREAKING DAWN PART 2
*BREAKING DAWN PART 1
- Breaking Dawn Part 1 has made over 700 million worldwide. It's out on DVD now.
Find links to all the events UPDATED with all available videos etc. here (LINK)
- Cineuropa recently speculated about Cannes with a list of films that will likely make it to the festival. Cosmopolis is included in their article. (LINK)
As Berlinale comes to a close, professionals have turned their attention to the 65th Cannes Film Festival, to be held from May 16 to 27, and observers are already speculating about the films that will be selected this year by Thierry Frémaux.
Among those most likely to make it to Cannes are (...) Cosmopolis by Canadian director David Cronenberg.
- Also, from Cineuropa, another article where Cosmopolis' executive producer, Grégoire Melin, says he's "counting on" the film going to Cannes. (LINK)
The European Film Market at the 62nd Berlinale was buzzing for Franco-American production The We and the I by Michel Gondry (photo), pre-sold by the Parisian company Kinology. The new film by the director of Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind was filmed last year in New York in the Bronx, and follows high school students on the bus home on the last day of the school year. The film is a sort of study of group dynamics and the evolution of relationships as the bus gradually becomes emptier, and has been acquired in Berlin for several small territories, according to Grégoire Melin, who will unveil footage from the film a few weeks before Cannes, where he will also be counting on Cosmopolis by David Cronenberg (article), already pre-sold practically everywhere in the world.
- The Playlist lists 'Cosmopolis' as a Strong Contender. (LINK)
“Cosmopolis” (dir. David Cronenberg)
Cast: Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche, Paul Giamatti, Jay Baruchel, Sarah Gadon
Before the end of the year, David Cronenberg told us that he was finishing the sound mix for the film, which means it’s nearing the finish line. Meanwhile, producer Gregoire Melin recently told Cineuropa he is “counting on” the film showing up on the Croisette. Additionally, “Cosmopolis” is a co-production between French and Canadian backers, so we presume we’re looking at Cannes premiere, followed by a TIFF bow before rolling into theaters this fall. Cronenberg is a regular at the festival but hasn’t been there in a decade since “Spider,” so we’re sure they’re going to want him back.
- More about Cosmopolis' chances of being at Cannes here (LINK) and here (LINK)
** This all ties in with the Cosmopolis poster that circulated at Berlinale. With the May 18 date:
* ON THE ROAD
- On the Road is also on the "Strong Contender" for Cannes list. Indiewire (The Playlist) mentions the movie. (LINK)
On The Road” (dir. Walter Salles)
Cast: Kristen Stewart, Garrett Hedlund, Tom Sturridge, Sam Riley, Viggo Mortensen, Kirsten Dunst, Amy Adams, Steve Buscemi, Terrence Howard
With production on the film beginning way back in August 2010, and additional photography happening last spring, it has been a slow but steady path for this highly anticipated, years in development adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s seminal novel. The director gave fans good news in January when he revealed that editing and mixing on the film was finally finished. And with a May 23rd release already set for France, the film’s appearance at Cannes feels like a fait accompli from our vantage point.
* SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN
- Indiewire (The Playlist) categorizes SWATH as a possibility for Cannes.
Snow White And The Huntsman" (dir. Rupert Sanders)
Cast: Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth
Again, Cannes is no stranger to hosting blockbusters and the last two years have seen summer movies “Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” and “Robin Hood” unspool in the south of France. Will “Snow White And The Huntsman” fill that slot this year? With the film set to open on June 1st (just a few days after Cannes closes) the timing seems right, and a splashy premiere would be a nice final topping on what is already a steady publicity machine behind the pic.
- New still in HQ
IN OTHER NEWS
- Kristen is nominated for Best Actress at Kids' Choice Awards (VOTE)
Taylor (Best Buttkicker) and Twilight (Favorite book) are nominated too.
The show airs March 31 at 8 p.m. on Nickelodeon. More info at Nick.com
- Rob is nominated for Favorite UK Actor at the UK Kids' Choice Awards. More here (LINK)
- Rob is nominated for a Dutch Rembrandt Award for Best (International) Actor for Water For Elephants. Only Dutch people can vote, alas.
- Vote for Rob and Kristen at the Glamour UK Awards.
* Man of the Year
* Woman of the Year
* Film Actress
More info (LINK)
- On Austria's version of 'Who wants to be a Millionaire?' one of the questions in the latest episode involved Rob and Kristen. The question is along the lines of "According to the press, Robert Pattinson does not only love his co-star........ in the movie" Watch it below:
CASTING RUMOR MILL/DOWNTIME
Kristen and Rob are in L.A. They were spotted out at a pre-Oscar party on Friday (LINK) and looked quite loved up, according to sources (LINK)
It's not yet known if either will attend the actual Oscars though it seems unlikely. Kristen was spotted out with her publicist Ruth on Thursday with a Balenciaga garment bag in hand. Perhaps she is attending one of the parties on Sunday. Given her recent shoot with the magazine, the Vanity Fair party might interesting to keep an eye on.