Thursday, July 21, 2011

Comic-Con 2011 - Breaking Dawn Press Conference



























Videos



From Popsugar:












From MTV



Various









Press conference

From Hitfix (HERE)

10:34 a.m. The first question is about filming in brazil and being loved all over the world. "That's where Stephanie wrote the honeymoon... and we went in search of what she wrote," Condon says. "It was nice being able to shoot on the actual streets and see the people," Stewart says. "One of the interesting things about having an international fanbase is that every single country has a different reaction to you and to the movie," says Rob, so says that Brazilians would actually try to grab them during shoots. Taylor found it weird that there was an extra in Brazil who looked just like him. He wasn't there, but he saw a picture and agreed he looked exactly like him. "He looked like an 'Eclipse' poster," Kristen says.

10:37 a.m. Do they actually expect this to be the end of the "Twilight" saga. Pattinson suggests that after "Breaking Dawn," sequels could include "Breakfast Time" and "Brunch." Condon says that Meyer has said that other characters might be revisited. "It's not like we have some secret knowledge," Pattinson insists.

10:38 a.m. What was the most secretive scene? And what was most exposed? "The wedding was like secret-service-style insane," Stewart recalls. "And then there was a helicopter right as you were about to take your vows," Condon recalls. In terms of being exposed, Stewart adds, "We didn't know when we were being photographed." Lautner adds, "Most of our time we were in Baton Rouge on a stage... 'Breaking Dawn' is very intimate and I feel like they did a really good job allowing us to be creative... We didn't have to focus on being distracted." Stewart adds, "They protected us."

10:42 a.m. "I can't draw a line between myself and the stuff I do," Stewart says of Bella's transformations. "I've been building up to these moments for four years. I was 17 when I started doing this movie." She notes that the movie is full of big, cathartic moments, but she says that they're "rooted in reality." She says, "Shooting these scenes, I had to realize that these moments would happen naturally and I couldn't punch myself in the face with the book every morning." She says it's close to the book, but they added bits. She promises "surprises" in the wedding and the honeymooon. "There's no bigger fan of 'Twilight' than Kristen," Condon insists.

10:43 a.m. Does Condon say think "Breaking Dawn" is thematically similar to his other work? "I feel like I always look into people who are outsiders in some way," Condon says.

10:43 a.m. Favorite scene in "Breaking Dawn"? "I've always been able to choose one... But this one I can't. I don't know. There's so much going on in this movie and all of the characters are dealing with their own little things," Lautner says. Stewart says that her favorite scene is one with Charlie at the wedding. Pattinson says, "I think the birth scene... For a fantasy scenes that has kind of a youngish audience, it goes very far." He calls it "hardcore" and says "There was no other way to do it."

10:45 a.m. Bill Condon recalls the joy of rushing home to watch "Dark Shadows." He says, "Whatever new vampire's come around, I've always been interested in it, as I was with 'Twilight.'"

10:46 a.m. Did the stars ever wish this was a small indie movie? "If this was a tiny little independent film that only ran on Sundance, we wouldn't be able to do the movie justice," Stewart says. She adds, "It's nice to shoot for six-months with an A-lister." But she adds, "We'd be having the same conversation, probably."

10:47 a.m. What geeky things have they learned about each other? "Kristen literally only watches the cooking channel. And especially on set, it's bizarre. She has a TV in her trailer and it's always on. It's her only diva-ish behavior," Pattinson says. "And you all reap the benefits," Stewart insists. She goes on... "Taylor... I have one, but I'm not going to say." She adds, "Taylor can dance... He can move his hips better than I can ever dream. Literally, it's crazy." Pattinson interrupts, "That's not nerdy, it's awesome."

10:49 a.m. Most difficult scene? Taylor says, "I was pretty nervous about imprinting. I was given an X on the wall," Stewart interjects, "What did you want? Her to be sitting there?" Lautner says, "I don't think there was an ideal scenario." He adds, "I spent a lot of time talking to Bill and Stephanie. It was like, 'What does imprinting even look like?'" Robert says the most difficult thing was taking his shirt off. "At least he's honest," Stewart adds.

10:55 a.m. Most awkward scene? And what will they miss most? Yes, many of these characters are similar. "I couldn't pick up the kid sometimes... We had Mackenzie Foy who's an amazing little kid, an incredible kid, smarter than me..." Stewart says, admitting that she could only handle Foy, but not the other kids who played younger versions of her baby. There was one kid who was a particular problem. "There was one kid who was supposed to run to Billy Burke, but she kept running into a wall," Condon remembers. "She was so nervous," Stewart adds. Pattinson says they also had an animatronic baby for one scene, specifically the scene where Bella is first introduced to her baby. "To see little Chucky from 'Child's Play'..." Pattinson says. "It had hair and it's a newborn baby. I know that's in the book and you can imagine how cool that would be," Stewart says of the animatronic baby.

10:56 a.m. How have Rob and Taylor dealt with middle-aged female fans. And have they been creeped out? "To be creeped out by it, you'd have to be creeped out by middle-aged women, which I'm not. Different strokes for different folks, I guess," Rob says. ""No complaints here," Taylor adds.


Via Hyable.com

First question: What was it like fimling in Brazil, how does it feel to be loved all over the world?
Kristen: It was nice being able to shoot on the actual streets. To see that within the context of the movie is jarring.
[...]
Kristen: He looked like an Eclipse poster.


Question: out of all the twilight films, what was the most secretive scene you had to film. And which was most exposed to fans:
Kristen: The wedding was insane. Secret service style. The crew was incredibly inconvienenced. No cell phone, etc. They wanted to keep the dress secret.

Kristen: I had a volturi cloak on cause I had to cover up and that was the only thing we could use.

Question: Couldn't hear the question.. something about Brazil.
Kristen: We didn't know we were being photographed. That was weird afterward.

Question: For Kristen. Breaking Dawn was an emotional journey. What was it like filming for months, and how did everything that happens to Bella effect you personally?
Kristen:This one really is loaded with cathartic, impactful huge life moments and they're not all fantasy. They're very rooted in reality that I can completely see myself in. Anyone who reads the book can imagine them in it themselves. I can't let the book punch me in the face every morning. You have to let the moments happen. And they did. And we just went for it. A lot of it.. I feel it was very, very close to the book. At the same time we added bits that suprrised me too in the more iconic bits. In the wedding, at the honeymoon.

Bill Condon: There is no bigger fan of Twilight than Kristen (Kristen: Aw). She's always there like, "I know what it felt like when I read this the first time." You put that pressure on yourself. It's true.

Question: Do you personally have a favorite scene in the movie?
Kristen: There's a scene with me and Charlie at the wedding that I love so much. And also one with Rene.

Question: Do you guys ever wish this was a small independent film that ran on the Sundance channel? How do you tune out the enormous distractions?
Kristen: If this was a tiny film we ran on Sundance we would not be able to do the movie justice. This one is really a big movie and it's nice to be indulgent. it's nice to shoot for 6 months with an A LISTER! we wouldn't be doing the press conference. we'd be sitting in some cool little lofty place. what i'm saying is there's no different. we'd be having this same conversation probably.

Question: Comic Con is all about embracing your inner nerd. Throughout all these.. what's been the nerdy things going on?

Rob: I wouldn't say Kristen is nerdy.. Kristen literally.. she's a cooking fan. She's a nerd when it comes to cooking.

Kristen: Taylor? Taylor.. I have one that I'm not going to say.

Taylor: Bill, do you have any for us?

Kristen: Taylor can dance.

Taylor: No! NOt true!

Kristen: He moves his hips.. it's crazy

Question: Besides the wedding scene, what scene were you most nervous or apprehensive about knowing "we really gotta pull this off?"

Taylor: I was pretty nervous about imprinting. I was given an X on a wall

Kristen: You didn't want her to be sitting there?

Taylor: There was an X on the wall and I had to walk into the room on the verge of killing this baby, then stop, twist, and imprint.

"stop, twist, and imprint".. new hit phrase. they're laughing about that.

Taylor: I spent a lot of time talking to Bill and Stephenie and asking "okay, what does imprinting even LOOK like?"

Taylor: I hope it comes off beautifully.

Rob: Embarrassingly, taking my shirt off.

Kristen: At least he's honest.

Rob: So much of the books are about Edwards body.. I've managed to avoid it in the films though it's in every three pages in the books.

Bill: We're about to show that (at the fan panel)

Rob: That's a bad one though cause it was at the end of the shoot.

Question: What was the most awkward scene you had to shoot, and what will oyu miss most about your character?
Kristen: I'm awkward. Me and Mackenzie were awesome. I couldn't really deal.. they were bigger than us in some cases.

Kristen: This is probably not a great answer. You probably want "well, doing the love scene was weird."

Rob: Talking about the baby.. we had an animatronic baby (Kristen: That was awkward).

Kristen: It had hair, and it's a newborn baby. That's in the book. You can imagine how cool that will be.

Bill: The baby's eyes start moving.. it's creepy/strange.






Disclaimer: we own nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment