- "Rob says he didn't choose WfE to get away from being a vampire but b/c he really liked the project"
- "Truly the whole cast loved working the animals, especially Tai"
- On first question about why Rob chose the role in WfE: "It was simply a challenge"
- "Rob says he's always been interested in other eras, he feels a bit of nostalgia for times he hasn't lived in"
- "Rob is very interested in the old ways of the circus especially the way it was promoted"
- "He jokes he would only be able to sell tickets" (if he worked at one)
- "They ask Rob if in real life he's ever had to hide a relationship" "He answers no"
- "Rob says that being able to play a human instead of a vampire has been a relief"
- "Rob says he was never considered handsome until he did Twilight"
- "Rob is going to answer if he would like to have a family in his real life"
- "He jokes that he's marrying an older rich woman, so he can teach tennis classes, drink w/his friends, & backpack w/his baby"
Rob's chat with ElMundo.es
1. Your character in Water for Elephants share something with your character in Twilight, love. Jacob wants to offer a better life Reese's character even if it means sacrificing himself. What would you be willing to do for love?
It depends. It is a difficult question. Love usually flows freely, with some exceptions.
2. Hi Rob, first I'd like to welcome you to our country. I read the book "water for elephants" over the weekend, fell in love with the character your portray and the story. One of my biggest concerns is whether the script was closely adapted from the book or have there been big changes made. Best regards from a twilight-mom, fan of yours and of Edward Cullen. Hope you have a good time these days and you take away good memories of our country.
I think it's very close. There are a couple of characters in the book that are not in the script. And there are good changes in my opinion. The book tells of a rather dark circus, but the circus of the film is brighter with more light.
3. Having been presenting "Water for Elephants" in various cities around the world, where have you encountered the roudiest fans? the most affectionate? Thank you very much, I admire your work, your smile and your sympathy. Do not change :)
Certainly there are many differences. Speaking of fans in Spain, they get very excited and transmit a lot of energy.
4. "Are you ever gonna take a vacation between projects? You need to rest too ... Ana, Madrid
I hope so. But I will not be able to do in the coming months.
5. The performance I most enjoyed was that of Salvador Dali in LittleAshes. What place does it hold for you?
It was important. He's a fascinating character. For me it was the first role that I really got into.
6. Do you consider yourself an enigmatic guy? "I do think you are, you're perfect.
I used to think it was. The more people know you, the less enigmatic you are.
7. Of the Twilight series, what was the movie that you liked best to film and why?
I think the first. It was the most fun to shoot. The second also because there wasn't as much craziness yet...
8. Is it coincidence that most of his films are based on best sellers, does that give you security when accepting a script? Thanks. Ana Pastrana.
It doesn't necessarily mean that it's gonna do well because it's based on a bestseller.
9. The first thing to greet you and congratulate you on your success, I think you're a great actor and professional. In this new film, Water for Elephants Have you ever had a scene that for a moment thought I was going to be impossible to interpret? Maybe a stunt, or a scene that made you feel personally uncomfortable. Thank you very much Robert.
The final scene in the script seemed totally impossible. It took a long time to shoot.
10. What do you like doing in your spare time?
I hardly ever have any free time, but when I do, I like to do nothing. Nothing special.
11. Thanks to the Twilight Saga has achieved a level of fame that is sometimes difficult to weather, especially when your own privacy is at stake ... Knowing the consequences of your choice, if you could go back in time, would you still take the role of Edward Cullen? Vane Acebedo (evane81) Barcelona
Yes It's been a fantastic experience. I have experienced amazing things and I'm still experiencing them thanks to the saga.
12. Hello, Robert. We could hear singing. Play the piano, guitar ... Even composing songs. "Never think" and "Let Me Sign", which appear on the soundtrack to "Twilight," and "I was broken" sound great. I guess it is difficult to do both a film career and a musical career, but do you intend release a record? Are you already working on it? A greeting and good luck in everything. Raquel
I'm writing songs. But without thinking of a CD.
13. To me (17 years), my younger sister (13), my mother (45) and grandmother (67) we love your work, your interviews, your photo session, your smile, your personality, your friends and your family. Thank you very much and please keep giving us these good times. You have united us three generations. Now our question is: How do you interest people from all different ages? Thanks, bonico:)
It has a lot to do with the Twilight character. I think I've been very lucky.
14. Hi Robert! I'm a fan following you since 2005, I've seen all your movies. After being 3 years playing Edward Cullen how are you feeling about the saga ending, do you want to get away from the character? Badajoz Kisses Cintia
Before the characters stayed with me for months. Not anymore.
15. Hi Rob! Congratulations on your latest work. Does the experience of working with two Oscar-winning actors (Christoph Waltz and Reese Witherspoon), demanded a higher level of acting? Have you noticed parallels between the life as a Hollywood actor and your performance in a nomadic circus? Thank you very much and good luck with your future projects.
Yes I always try to make things as best I can. Working with great actors makes, stimulates you to be a better actor.. get more out of you.
16. Hi Robert, how do you think your life in 10 years? If you met me, you'd surely fall in love with me! Pretty lucky!
I see myself working on other areas of the profession, developing projects. I would also like to work on my music. And be happy, of course.
17. With fame I guess you've lost a lot of normal things for an anonymous person. What would you most like to regain from your previous anonymous life? Good luck in your projects and hope that people consider you a good actor and not just a teen phenomenon. :)
I would love to live in a city center and go down the street without being recognized, enjoy the anonymity that I don't have anymore. That is a luxury.
18. Just arrived in Spain a web of contacts that promotes extramarital relationships: What is your opinion on relations with married couples and infidelity within marriage? Thank you very much
It makes no sense. I think they should break up with the person before having an affair.
19. Hi Rob. How long have you wanted to make the leap to the big screen? What do you think things are and the basic characteristics of being a good actor? A hug. Ana P87.
I began to consider working professionally at age 19. The characteristics of being a good actor vary. There is no ideal cocktail. I think the important thing is to have something to offer in a movie. You have to care about the characters, but that's not all.
20. What animal did you find it easier and more difficult to work with? "And which one would you take home? I love your work, I'm looking forward to seeing "Water for Elephants" with just the trailer I know that I love it. Greetings from Sevilla.Inma.
I think the elephant was the easiest. I would take him home. It was hard to work with the dog because he fell asleep every few minutes ...
21. Do you think the Twilight fans will like how Breaking Dawn has been shot?
I hope so. It is a very different film. The truth is, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
22. Do you miss London?
Yes a lot. But I can only go back for Christmas.
23. Hello! What is the biggest lie you have written or said about you? Does it affect you personally and professionally that some of the media investigates your private life? a lot of encouragement! Your new film looks great, of course! Greetings from Carmen.
It affects you at first because it also affects your people. But now I don't care.
24. Hi Robert, With how young you are and you have become a superstar, known throughout the world and one of the most desirable men on the planet, you still have any goal or dream to fulfill? A kiss. Cristina de Madrid.
There's always dreams to fulfill. If you do not dream ... Dream on, dream on!
25. What is it that makes you decide when choosing a script and others?
That it touches me. That it grabs me when I read it. That is fundamental.
Thank you very much for the questions. Sorry I can not still answer. I hope you go see the movie and enjoy it.
Intrview with Los 40 Principales
Interview with El Pais
Libertad Digital TV
Disclaimer: we own nothing